A key objective for Galway Rural Development is to develop opportunities for community groups and social enterprises to upskill while also becoming more comfortable engaging with technology. The following eLearning Suite of online courses offers the opportunity to access relevant and practical information that will assist in the establishment and /or development of your group / social enterprise. Your GRD Officer will be able to guide and assist as you become familiar with undertaking courses online.Please see the ‘About Us’ section to contact your local officer for access to these courses.
The GRD eLearning Suite of online micro-learning courses comprises a set of 19 learning options. Courses range in duration from 30 minutes to several hours as befits the topic. Each option is designed to be practical, easy to follow and suitable for the needs of staff and volunteers of community and voluntary organisations. Courses are also suited to the needs of social enterprises. The eLearning Suite is divided into five course sections:
- General Data Protection Regulation – Level 1 (General Awareness Staff & Volunteers)
- General Data Protection Regulation – Level 2 (Line Managers)
- BoardPASS 365 (Governance Management System)
- Board Directors Guide to Running a Company Limited by Guarantee
- Committee Roles and Responsibilities
- The Role of Chairperson (Non-Profits)
- The Role of Company Secretary
FINANCE AND BUSINESS PLANNING
- Guide to Financial Policies and Procedures
- Quick Guide to Developing Business Plans
- Guide to Completing an Enterprise Feasibility Assessment
MARKETING AND DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Social Media – Getting Started
- Writing Website Content
- Creating Visual Content and Graphic Designs
- Using Digital Marketing Effectively
- Tutor-Led Online Digital Marketing Programme
- Principles of Customer Service
- Growing Trading Income
The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018 – 2022 is funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Rural and Community Development and co-funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014 – 2020.
Tá an Clár Gníomhachtúcháin Pobail agus Cuimsiú Sóisialta (SICAP) 2018 – 2022 maoinithe ag rialtas na hÉireann trí an Roinn Forbartha Tuaithe agus Pobail agus arna chómhaoiniú ag Ciste Sóisialta na hEorpa faoi an Clár um Infhostaitheacht, Cuimsiú agus Foghlaim (PEIL) 2014-2020.